Tennis & COVID-19
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 00:00
CURRENT STATUS: Suspension of tennis programmes
As this is a rapidly evolving issue, please refer to this page regularly for the latest advice and guidance on dealing with Coronavirus (Covid-19).
We have taken the difficult decision to temporarily suspend all group coaching sessions due to the coronavirus outbreak.
I’m pleased to confirm that in light of these unprecedented times players can now freeze their Coaching Plan subscription for free, for as long as our programmes are suspended. Simply email us at [email protected] should you wish to freeze your subscription.
Players that choose not to freeze their Coaching Plan subscription and are happy to continue supporting our team, will be offered added value now and throughout the rest of 2020:
- 60% off individual coaching for 1-1 lessons for just £10 per hour (during the suspension of the programme)
- Players will be offered a free upgrade to an extra session per week when group coaching returns for a period of 3-months (worth £60).
- We will be laying on a much increased holiday camp schedule once we return, which will be free to all subscribers.
- Team Challenge and all recreational junior and adult competitions will be free of charge for the rest of the year.
- We'll cover your tennis venue membership this year (50% contribution for adults, 100% contribution for juniors), giving you access to the courts all year round.
How do I access individual coaching?
We want to encourage people to stay active and as tennis is one of the best examples of sport whilst social distancing, we are offering individual coaching at a heavily discounted rate.
All players with active Coaching Plan subscriptions (not on freeze) can access individual lessons at our venues with an NTA professional tennis coach for just £10.00 per hour (usually £25).
To access this please contact us
We have had so many great comments about the amazing job our team has done in keeping our coaching programmes as safe as possible thus far. We would also like to thank our players for doing your bit too.
We know just how many of you have asked us to keep group coaching open as long as we can and we are bowled over by your enthusiasm and love of National Tennis.
We have and will continue to take advice from Government, Public Health England and we will keep you informed of any changes as they arise.
Please make sure you continue to follow us on our social media and website as we will be posting regular updates along with advice, tips, and badminton activities you can do at home.
With your support, we've worked hard to build an amazing tennis community we have all come to know and love and would ask that you continue to support us moving forward.
Stay safe, look after yourselves and your loved ones.
Director, National Tennis Association